Overlay flooring has been designed for those who love the style and warmth of a solid timber floor, but don’t have the traditional bearers and joists subfloor structure. It is designed to be glued down directly over concrete, existing timber, plywood or particleboard flooring or HM Walk can be installed as a floating floor.
Features & Benefits
- Ideal for installing in ground floor renovations over a concrete slab or second storey refurbishments where carpet has been removed and subfloor is still in place
- Our solid overlay flooring still offers the same depth of wear (top layer thickness) as traditional 19mm flooring. This allows for a number of refinishes over the lifetime of the floor.
- Solid hardwood floors are excellent for asthmatics as they do not harbour dust mites or other allergens
- Some Species have a natural fire resistance. Their fire retarding properties, make them suitable for use in many bushfire prone areas under Australian Standard AS3959.
- Timber is one of the world’s few truly renewable resources
- HM Walk is a prefinished example of a floating floor, produced by Hurford Hardwood an Australian company.
Standard & Better